Sunday, March 22, 2009

Blessed

I had the honor yesterday of spending the day with our dear friend and his family who I mentioned below. He's in Hospice care now and it was pure joy to sit and hold his hand, give him a hug, and talk with his wife, children, grandchildren and other family who were visiting. He and his wife will celebrate 45 years of marriage in early April. Last night they had an anniversary party. With their families and friends present, they renewed their vows. I have goosebumps now thinking about it. All day long yesterday, I saw God. I saw it in the love in that room, in their love & devotion to each other that was and is SO REAL, so apparent. I saw it in all of the cards and letters they have received...in all of the people who have said to him "You have made a difference in my life". I am one of those people. I was so blessed to witness yesterday. I was so blessed to watch his wife love and care for him. To watch his children & grandchildren love the man they call Papa. I was blessed as I left last night to hug him, kiss his cheek and tell him I love him. I will treasure that time yesterday for the rest of my life...I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment