Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful - Am I Really?

Around this time of year, the word thankful seems to be on the tip of everyone's tongue. It's wonderful to have a day set aside to give thanks. But should we NEED a day set aside to give thanks? I know I shouldn't. I have so much. Materially, relationally. I am so incredibly blessed and I don't know why I fail to be thankful. Instead, I want newer or better things (clothes, phones, cars, whatever). I want more things. I want Morgan to stop screaming when she doesn't get her way, when I should be grateful that she's not screaming from hunger. I want Will to listen to me the first time (or the fourth!!) when I should be grateful that he has hearing (even if he chooses not to use it). I have the love of an incredible man, yet I get snippy when he doesn't do something exactly the way I would.

Lord, please heal my selfishness. Please help me to look at each person as YOU look at them. Please help me see situations as opportunities to learn and to be grateful. Please help me be thankful...today and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment