Sunday, September 5, 2010

SURPRISE!

That's what my sweetie said to me early Saturday morning. I wasn't exactly sure what he was talking about....but I was to pack and get in the van. Ummmm, OK! Turns out we were off to Minneapolis for a quick overnight getaway. We spent lots of time at Ikea (WOOHOO!) and came away with some great deals and storage solutions for our new living space. After that it was back to the hotel for a quick nap and then off to my favorite steak place, Ruth's Chris, for an incredible dinner. After a blissfully quiet and uninterrupted (no kids!) sleep we explored the Mall of America for several hours before heading south to home and the kids. We had SUCH a wonderful time and it was so good to get away even for only 36 hours. And the best part? We still have a whole day of vacation tomorrow! My sweet hubby rocks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment