Friday, March 4, 2011

In the Blink of an Eye

Yesterday, I got a text message from my sister: "Call me." I called. I don't remember much after that. Eric filled in the bits and pieces. I was apparently yelling at my sister on the phone. "No, this isn't happening, no this can't be real, this isn't true." It was true. My Auntie Les was killed in a car accident Thursday morning. A routine trip to the airport to pick up my Uncle John changed everything. My heart is broken. Broken for my cousins, my uncle, my grandparents, my mom, my sister, myself. For anyone who knew her. She was funny and smart, strong and tenderhearted. She was a blessing. She IS a blessing. I'm stunned. I can't process. I can't grasp the hole that her death leaves in our family. I don't want to see what our family looks like without her here. Friends are praying. Friends are loving, sending texts, calling, hugging, bringing Pepsi and ice cream. Friends are doing what they do best and loving me. I am so incredibly grateful and blessed to have these people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment