Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Flood



When the National Weather Service says "We are seeing a historic hydrological event taking place with unprecedented river levels occurring", I really don't want to be anywhere close. However, here we are. Cedar Rapids is under water. As I came (SLOWLY) over I-380 tonight on my way home, I was speechless at the devastation. The estimate is 100+ blocks under water and the river is expected to crest a full 10 feet above yesterday's prediction. The latest issue is water....strangely, even though we obviously have too much, it sounds as if we will lose water to homes somtime in the next few days. 3 of the 4 wells supplying Cedar Rapids water are gone and the 4th is being sandbagged at the moment. Will is so interested in all of the coverage and wants to go see the water, but he's going to have to settle for the videos on the news....he's not getting anywhere close. Keep praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment