Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Growing Up.....

My precious firstborn goes off to Kindergarten tomorrow. His clothes are laid out, his school supplies are tucked safely in his locker at school, his lunch bag is waiting to have his peanut butter sandwich and pretzals tucked inside it tomorrow morning. Everything is ready....except Mom! Since I've worked outside the home since he was born, he's always been in daycare or preschool and spent last year in Alternative Kindergarten every morning. Why is this different? I'm not sure, but it is. I'm excited for him....for all of the adventures that are in store for him as he starts school. And I worry...I want him to keep that innocence with which he looks at the world. No matter what, he'll always be my baby.

Through the years....

Age 1 - love those carrots!


Age 2 - look at that smile!

Age 3 - GO PRAIRIE HAWKS!

Age 4 - handsome guy!

Age 5 - growing up!

and Age 6 - tonight as he got ready for bed before his 1st day of school

I love you Will!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love you too, Will! I hope your first day of kindergarten was awesome. You are going to be a superstar this year. Great pics, Mom. I decided to let SuperMan ride the bus home today...we'll see how it goes! Hugs to you guys!

    ReplyDelete