Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Medical and/or WEIRD stuff!

A quick update on Mr. Will and his JRA. He's tolerating his methotrexate well. So far his bloodwork has been excellent and he isn't having any of the side effects. PRAISE GOD! We're anxiously waiting for outward signs that the medication is working. It can take 6-8 weeks for the medication to fully work, so Will's knees and ankles are still very swollen and sore. He's been taking prescription Naproxsen to help with the pain until the methotrexate kicks in. Hopefully soon!

Morgan had a double ear infection last week. She had tubes put in when she was 8 months old and this is only her second ear infection since then, so I'm grateful for that. This one was pretty bad with one ear swollen up around her tube and the other the tube was clogged! Thank heavens for Zithromax! She's back to her normal cheerful self.

And now News of the Weird :) :
Last Sunday night, I went to bed about 930 and about midnight I was awakened by the house alarm going off. When it's armed it beeps for about 1 minute to allow you to turn it off before the "real" alarm goes off and alerts ADT. Anyway, it was that first 1 minute beeping that woke me. I went running out to the kitchen and the door to the garage and the garage door were both wide open. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was going on but shut both doors very quickly and ran back to check on the kids. As I went by the front door, I heard a little voice "Mommy, will you let me in the house?" It was WILL!!! He was sleepwalking! I brought him inside and he was shaking and sobbing, he was so scared. He said that he thought I was outside and he needed to come find me. He sat with me in the living room for awhile and he was so scared. I finally decided that neither of us were going to get any sleep unless he slept with me. Every time I turned over he would wake up and be so scared that I was going somewhere. It was the most surreal thing. I'm so grateful for the alarm...he can't reach the keypad and doesn't know the code to turn it off, so he couldn't be outside longer than a minute without me waking up....but still it's scary! I called our doctor and I took Will in to see him so Dr. Matt could check his tonsils, etc for any airway obstructions when he's breathing. Finding none, he told me just to watch him and let him know if it happens again. We've installed door locks at the top of the front door and the garage door so he can't even open the doors now at night. Hopefully it's a one time thing, but MAN, was it scary!!

1 comment:

  1. How scary! It's so frustrating waiting for medicine to work or not work. Hang in there. We're praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete