Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thought for today

One of my favorite blogger's names is Amy Beth. I honestly have NO idea how I found her but I've been faithfully reading her blog for over a year. She's a young single woman who was serving in vocational ministry until last July. She has an interesting life and is so honest on her blog about her struggles and triumphs with God. She wrote this morning on being intentional. In her current stage of life she has the opportunity to bless the lives of two young girls and she is recognizing the importance of being intentional with children.

As I read her post I was so convicted! As a working mom I HAVE to to be intentional. There is no other way. Otherwise my kids will be teenagers before I know it ;). I pray that I will reap the harvest of my "planting" in my children's lives for years to come. But I have to be intentional...it's not all about me. It's not about if I had a bad day or didn't get any sleep last night. My children are my ministry at this point in my life - every kiss, every punishment, every icky nose wiped, every diaper changed, every mess cleaned up, every prayer before bed, every healthy meal, every night of lost sleep - it's the love of the Father that I'm TRYING to live - however humbly and meekly I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment