Monday, June 21, 2010

Tonsils out...check!

Well, the tonsils are out but the recovery isn't complete. All along, I was far more concerned with Will's recovery than the actual surgery. One of the requirements of a tonsillectomy is that the patient drink a TON, in order to keep the throat hydrated (so it doesn't hurt so much) as well as reducing the risk of any bleeding complications. Well, Mr. Will is a stubborn one, taking after his mama and he's of the opinion that if it hurts, he shouldn't do it. So Eric & I have tried EVERYTHING to get this kid to drink! Finally, yesterday, while he was with Dad for Father's Day, he placed a call to Will's ENT. The verdict was more drinking, or he's going to the hospital to get an IV. Couple that with the fact that Nana's here staying with him Monday-Wednesday and watching every sip like a hawk and I'm hoping now that we're back on track. I can honestly say it's been incredibly frustrating for me. Another reminder that I'm really never in control (a fact my darling husband reminded me of last night at 3am when I couldn't sleep with a mind that wouldn't stop racing:)). If Will winds up with an IV, is it the end of the world? Nope, not at all. It's something I'd like to avoid but if it happens, it happens. I can't do it all. I need to remember that :).

No comments:

Post a Comment