Monday, August 24, 2009

1st Day!



Will's 1st day of 1st grade was last Thursday. He was so excited to start school (I hope that continues!!). We went Tuesday night to Meet the Teacher Night and found his classroom, locker & desk and dropped off all of his supplies with Mrs. Bennett. He was also excited to see all of his friends and eat ice cream as they talked about their summers. Thursday morning he was with Dad, so when I picked him up on Thursday afternoon, I got the full rundown. ;)
How was school? Great!!!

What did you do? We had pizza for lunch, we had art, um, I don't remember what else

Did you have fun? Yeah, hey Mom, what's for dinner?

So that's how his first day went. I was surprised I got that much info out of him - usually he can't remember what he had for lunch. :) He was excited to go back on Friday...not so much this morning when I roused him at 630. One of his favorite things is his new Cubs backpack (a birthday gift from Nana).
Off we go into another year...I can't quite believe my big guy's in 1st grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment