Thursday, August 27, 2009

Compassion

Last April, Angie Smith was a guest blogger on a trip with Compassion Ministries to India. As I read her updates about these children, the poverty they live in and the desperate need for sponsors, I was incredibly moved. Eric & I prayed about it for a few days and felt like God was really calling us to sponsor a child from India. We are so blessed & proud to introduce you to Vijaya.
This precious boy lives with his parents and 4 siblings in India. We look at his beautiful face and feel blessed to be able to pray for him, help support him, and to support Compassion and the amazing work they do "Releasing children from poverty in Jesus' name". There has been nothing sweeter than hearing Will remind me at night..."Mom, we need to pray for Vijaya" and last night when Will prayed for fresh drinking water, clothing and food for Vijaya I had tears in my eyes. I'm so grateful we have this opportunity to pray for and help support this sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment